7 Things The Catering College Induction Didn’t Tell You
1. We hope you don’t like daylight because you won’t be seeing much of it. Yes, even in June it will probably be dark when you start work and dark when you finish. At the least, it’ll be before dawn and after sunset.
2. The chaffing is real.
3. You will be the subject of abuse. For official purposes this is a test of character, it’s actually a form of entertainment.
4. If you don’t already have an obsession with knives, you soon will have.
5. Pastry chefs, the above but with spoons.
6. Caffeine IS a major food group. See also nicotine, sugar and alcohol.
7. The person who deemed chefs should wear whites probably never cooked anything. Ever.